Saturday, May 31, 2008

FIREMAN'S BREAKFAST

This is such a fun tradition for our family. We wake up to the old siren being rang { we live so close it really wakes us up} Some would get mad but Max gets right out of bed and is ready to go... very unusual for him:)
Max asks all year long "when is the fireman breakfast?" I remember going as a little girl to the old fire station ,down on Main St and Center St., with my Grandma Cobbley. My Grandpa Cobbley was a firefighter well over 50 years ago. It is fun to show my kids his pictures at the fire station.
Kate was grumpy after being woke up to go but we walked in the door and there is Smokey the bear and she perked right up! The rest of breakfast was her saying bear...bear...bear!!! This was another fun year eating breakfast with the fireman :)

2 comments:

Kara said...

I love the firemans breakfast! It has always been a tradition in our family to!

Robyn said...

You can tell we are both such traditional people, I love it! Dont you always love Smokey's Mom pants too! I have such great memories of the firemans breakfast!